feed da fishes...or you'll be swimming with them

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Amazing Things Can Happen


A couple of days ago, on March 25, 2009, I had a dream about one of my friends from school, Trista. We went to school together since kindergarten and graduated from high school in 2005. I haven't seen her since then and haven't been able to talk to her much since she moved to Twin Falls with her husband. 

In my dream, Trista was going to have a baby girl. Trista's belly was big and I remember her telling me it was going to be a girl. I was so excited for her and very excited to see her.

When I awoke from the dream, I had a very strong impression, stronger than I have had in a long time. It felt a lot like what happened a few years ago with Septimus. I said to myself, "I wonder if Trista is going to have a baby." It stuck with me the entire day, and I found myself thinking it often. "I wonder if Trista is going to have a baby. I think she is." It was just the strangest feeling. It's somewhat indescribable. 

Today, something amazing happened. I received a letter in the mail. When I opened it up, it was an invitation to a baby shower for Trista. She was having a baby girl. 

The postmark on the envelope was dated March 25, 2009. 

~ April 5, 2009 ~
Yesterday I attended Trista's baby shower. As a gift, I picked out a baby afghan my mom had made, and I asked her to crochet a baby animal for Trista's baby. I went through some of her crochet books and picked out an adorable hippo. I thought, "That looks like something Trista would like."

At Trista's shower, I learned that she loved hippos and had been having a hard time finding little hippos for her baby. I had no idea she wanted a hippo. 

Just another amazing thing. 

No comments: